My Valentine party is today, and I wanted to quickly pop in and give you a tutorial on using the Tattoo Paper from Silhouette. This stuff is seriously awesome! You can use it on just about any surface! I’m going to show you how I used it on the plaster heart magnets I made.
The tattoo paper comes with great instructions on the box, but I thought I’d just give you a visual step-by-step of the process.
- Print out your designs on the shiny side of the paper. I have provided some designs for you as a FREE download. Make sure to mirror the image before printing so your words aren’t backwards on your project after you transfer the image. Peel the top strip off of the blue sticky sheet.
- Line up the sticky side of the paper with the top edge of your designs. Press and seal out all the bubbles.
- Carefully transfer the rest of the clear sticky sheet from its blue backing onto your printed designs.
- Rub over the design making sure the adhesive transfers and also smooth out any air bubbles.
- Cut out your design to transfer.
- Peel the clear plastic off leaving the adhesive over your design. Put your design face down on the surface you’re transferring it to.
- Using a damp cloth, I used a wet wipe, press down on the design for about 15 seconds until the images transfers.
- You can spray with a clear sealant to protect your design if you would like. I didn’t on the magnets and they seem to be holding up fine.
Isn’t that amazing?! will see you tomorrow with a free download of a Valentine card to go with the magnets. You can see a sneak peak on my Instagram.